This Organic First Aid Balm is designed to help quickly heal up minor burns & wounds, scratches, bug bites and cuts. Can be applied to any skin type.
Ingredients are: Beeswax & Organic Safflower oil infused with calendula flowers, comfrey leaves, St. John’s Wort herb & Plantain and Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oil.
Stores well under any condition but extreme heat and light will lessen the shelf life.
Precautions: People with bee allergies should use caution when using beeswax as it could cause interactions.
- Beeswax is a natural hydrating ingredient that increases essential moisture in skin and has an irritation potential of zero with antibacterial properties.
- Organic Safflower Oil is a highly moisturizing oil with an exceptionally high amount of linoleic acid. Deeply soothing and one of the first choices for skin care recipes requiring moisturizing benefits.
- Calendula Flower is traditionally used to support the skin and assist with minor wounds. Calendula is the most successful for assisting us with dry and damaged skin, irritations, and other skin ailments.
- Comfrey’s use in Chinese traditional medicine spans over 2000 years. It's healing properties have been documented all the way back to Ancient Roman times. Comfrey is widely known as “one of nature’s greatest medicinal herbs”. In fact, many of the oldest herbals refer to comfrey as one of the most useful herbs for healing of all sorts of wounds, both internal and external.
- St John’s Wort is traditionally used to support healthy mood and promote emotional well-being. Numerous clinical trials have studied the efficacy of St John’s Wort in this capacity, with most of them showing positive results that are comparable to conventional treatments. It can help speed the healing of wounds, stings, and mild skin irritations.
- Plantain is traditionally used for upper respiratory support, and is topically used for minor cuts, bruises, and stings.
- Melaleuca Essential Oil (Tea Tree Oil) is widely known for its healing properties for the skin. Is analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiparasitic, antiseptic, antiviral, decongestant, deodorant, diaphoretic, expectorant, fungicidal, immune stimulant & insecticide.
Of Interest ~ In World War ll cutters and producers of tea tree were exempt from military service until enough essential oil had been accumulated. It was issued to each soldier and sailor for them to treat tropical infections and other problems of warfare, including wounds.
100% Sustainable and Natural
Made in the USA